Smoke & Fire Damage Restoration
When smoke and fire damage your home or business, Flood Specialists Inc. (a.k.a Insurance Restoration Services) are the
professionals you need to restore your property.
Behavior of Smoke
A fire loss is very complex because of the unique behavior of smoke.
It is important to have experienced professional technicians inspect the smoke damage before beginning any restoration.
- Hot smoke always moves to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows through plumbing systems, using holes around pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke will greatly affect the restoration process.
Types of Smoke
The first step at a fire scene is to calm the fears of those affected. Next, our technicians test the smoke to see
which of the following types of fire took place.
- Wet Smoke - Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke - Fast burning at high temperatures.
- Protein - Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes. Extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot - Furnace puff backs cause fuel oil soot.
- Other Types - Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue are other types.
After the type of smoke is known, pretesting on the property is performed to determine the following:
- What can be restored versus what should be replaced
- The most effective cleaning method
- Conditions of the property before the damage occurred
- The full extent of the loss
- Eliminate needless replacements
Pretesting also allows the us to focus on saving precious items for you, and that is what really matters!
Smoke & Fire Damage Photos