Emergency Flood Mitigation
If you want guaranteed workmanship, best-in-class customer service, and comfort in knowing the job will be done right the first time, call Flood Specialists, Inc.
Flood Mitigation Services
- Water Damaged Documents & Books - Do not throw away your wet documents and books. They can be restored.
- Water Damage Repair - Structures such as finished basement walls, furniture, floors, and ceilings can be effectively restored with the proper water mitigation equipment. Flood Specialists, Inc. has the equipment necessary to repair the damage caused by flood water.
- Wood Floor Drying - Prevent serious damage by drying and restoring your floor to 'like new' condition.
- Basement Flood Cleaning & Drying - Clean, disinfect and dry your wet basement.
- Sewage Water Cleaning - Disinfect with sanitizing agents, germicides, & antimicrobial treatments that arrest the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.
You can help minimize water damage by starting the restoration process before help arrives. When Flood Specialists technicians arrive, they won't have to spend time prepping the location for restoration. Instead they can start the water damage repair/restoration process.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood floors and wood furniture.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and pillow cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove Oriental rugs or other colored rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Open and place luggage, in sunlight to dry, if possible.
- Gather loose items, toys, etc. from floors.
There are also things that you should absolutely avoid doing when you have water damage.
- Do NOT use your household vacuum to remove water!
- Do NOT use televisions or other household appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors!
- Do NOT turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water!
- Do NOT leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible! Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature!
- Do NOT leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors!
Best Restoration Equipment
We use the best water damage restoration tools in the industry to mitigate damage to your home or business.
View the water damage equipment we use.
Flood & Water Damage Photos